Mental Health Matters at Marlboro!
I am excited to start my 3rd year with Marlboro Township Public Schools as a General Education School Social Worker/Mental Health Consultant for grades PreK through 5 in the district. I will primarily be based in Marlboro Elementary School, Dugan Elementary School, and at David C. Abbott Early Learning Center where I will run classroom lessons, hold lunch bunch groups, provide social-emotional support to students, and help coordinate building level mental health and SEL initiatives with the School Counselors.
Monday Full Day: Abbott ELC
Tuesday Full Day: MarEl
Wednesday Full Day: Dugan
Thursday AM: Abbott
Thursday PM: MarEl
Friday AM: MarEl
Friday PM: Dugan
This year I will also be serving as the Lead Mental Health Person for the district. My role is to dedicate myself as a resource, as a support, and as a liaison to all members the school community from students to staff and parents.
Here's a little about me!
- My husband also works in education and we have two amazing little boys who are 2 and 5.
- I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in New Jersey.
- I have my Doctorate in Clinical Social Work from Rutgers University.
- My area of focus at Rutgers was on technology and social media's impact on child and adolescent development and psycho-social well being. Here's my website if you want to check out some cool resources/interventions: https://kristinbiri.wixsite.com/screensmart
- I recently wrote a chapter for a book on Social Work in the Age of (Dis) Connection and focusing on emotional intelligence traits and online activism that was published in May 2022.
- I have experiences in a wide range of social work settings: Substance Abuse Agency, Partial Care/IOP Program, Intensive In-Home Counseling, Alternative Behavioral School, Vocational School, Continuing Education programs, and a Private Practice setting.
Basically, to sum it up, I LOVE BEING A SOCIAL WORKER!
You can reach me at my direct extension is x6468 or by email at [email protected]. I'm happy to set up in person or virtual meetings to best assist students and their families in receiving in-school supports and connecting with out of school resources to promote mental health and wellbeing!
Looking forward to a fun, fierce, and fantastic 2022-2023 school year!
Best regards always,
Dr. Kristin Biri, LCSW