Welcome, Marlboro Community!
I am excited to make my entrance into Marlboro Township Public Schools this school year as a School Social Worker/Mental Health Consultant for grades PreK through 5 in the district. My role is to dedicate myself as a resource, as a support, and as a liaison to the school community.
Here's a little about me to start!
- I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in New Jersey.
- I have my Doctorate in Clinical Social Work from Rutgers University.
- My area of focus at Rutgers was on technology and social media's impact on child and adolescent development and psycho-social well being. Here's my website if you want to check out some cool resources/interventions: https://kristinbiri.wixsite.com/screensmart
- I am currently contributing to a book and writing a chapter on Social Work in the Age of (Dis) Connection and focusing on emotional intelligence traits and online activism.
- I have experiences in a wide range of social work settings: Substance Abuse Agency, Partial Care/IOP Program, Intensive In-Home Counseling, Alternative Behavioral School, Vocational School, Continuing Education programs, and a Private Practice setting.
Basically, to sum it up, I LOVE BEING A SOCIAL WORKER!
My door is always open (or I guess in today's day and age, I should say my phone alerts are always on, and I will make myself as accessible as possible)!
Even if we cannot meet face to face in-person, I'd love the opportunity to ZOOM into your homes and put a face to your names!
Looking forward to a fun, fierce, and fantastic 2020-2021 school year!
Best regards always,
Dr. Kristin Biri, LCSW